M6 Smart TV Android Player is a Android OS Based media player.
Most software corruption and system error can be fixed by firmware update.
For Android 2.3 User.
Please download the following two files, and copy them to a usb memory stick or a SD Card.
1. m6-111210.zip (81.8MB, 2011/12/10 Firmware update , keep it in zip format , DO NOT unzip it).
2. uImage_recovery (4.06MB, Recovery file , NO filename extension here, some broswer will convert the file into uImage_recovery.txt rename it back to uImage_recovery)
If you still can access the Android OS, go to “app -> Upgrade” and following the instruction you can easily update the firmware.
If you can’t access the Android OS , you’ll need to use “Hard Reset” to update/restore the firmware.
The hard reset button is hide inside the A/V Jack, you’ll need to use a long pin to push the button.
To activate the hard reset, follow these steps.
1. Insert the SD Card include the update files (m6-111210.zip and uImage_recovery)
(Again, please make sure there is NO filename extension of uImage_recovery)
2.Power off your M6.
3. Use a pin to hold on the hard reset button
4. Plug in the power (Power Up)
Then your android will boot up into the debug mode. In this mode, choose “apple update” to update the firmware via a USB memory stick or SD card. (In this mode you can use a USB mouse to operate).